Cookies and Cream Slice

Yesterday we all got together at Mum and Dad's for lunch which we always enjoy with lots of great food to share.  Our part was making something sweet to go with a cup of coffee.  After a little meeting with our daughter a decision was made.  It will almost always have chocolate included and when I showed her this Three Ingredient Cookies and Cream Fudge there was no hesitation whatsoever.

The day before our get together the two of us made this slice together.  Very simple and a real winner with everyone.

The recipe uses a tin of condensed milk however I made my own using Rhonda's recipe which makes the equivalent of one tin.  Once again having milk powder in the pantry means I can whip it up in minutes and it saves me having to purchase a tin.  Also nothing worse than finding a recipe and then realising you need to pop down to the shops for one item.  

A slice which will be made again however it's a little naughty so I'll leave it for special occasions.  A 'sometimes slice'.

Cookies and Cream Slice.


Ingredients
300g Oreo biscuits
400g white cooking chocolate - Cadbury is always my choice
395g tin condensed milk - I make my own

Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper and set aside.

Roughly chop the Oreo biscuits and set aside.

Break the white chocolate into pieces and then roughly chop.  Place into a medium saucepan along with the condensed milk.

Working together.


Cook over a low to medium heat for approximately 10 minutes until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.  Make sure you stir continuously being careful not to burn the bottom.

Remove from the heat and using a metal spoon stir through ⅔ of the chopped Oreos.

Pour into prepared tin.  You need to move quickly as the mix starts to thicken.


Sprinkle the remaining Oreos over the mixture and lightly press them down.  Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight.


Slice the next day. 

2 comments

  1. That looks so pretty! Your posts always make me hungry. I am going to enjoy a couple of chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (homemade, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top