Cashew Bread

I've just discovered this wonderful bread which has made its way straight to the top as one of my favourites.  This has been added to my recipe archive to keep next to all of my other breads using nuts, nut butter, almond or coconut flour and even coconut butter.

Whilst browsing the internet a few days ago this recipe stood out straight away.  The thing which really struck me was the use of cashews as well as the ease of mixing it all in a blender.  You can find the original recipe on the Against All Grain site Grain-Free Blender Bread.  

I soaked and dried the raw cashews first.  This is optional.

Cashew Bread

Ingredients
8 eggs, room temperature
½ cup almond milk
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
450g whole raw cashews
2 teaspoons bi-carb soda
1 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons coconut flour

Fill an oven proof dish with roughly 2 inches of water and place on the bottom rack of the oven.  Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.

Line a glass loaf pan with baking paper.

Add the eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, cashews, bi-carb soda and salt to a blender.  Process on low for 15 seconds, scrape down and then process another 30 seconds on high until smooth.  Make sure everything has mixed well before the next step.  

Add the coconut flour and blend for 30 seconds.  As it thickens you may need to add a little water.  I scraped down the sides, added two tablespoons of water and processed for another 30 seconds.  Scrape down  and process once again making sure to really get to the bottom as it thickens quite a bit.

Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and back for 60 minutes.

Cool on wire rack before slicing.



My daughter and I enjoyed a piece with ghee and honey.



6 comments

  1. Wow! Eight eggs! Good thing you have all of those chickens. You find the coolest recipes. Such a passion you have for baking...your family must really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting five eggs a day from our clever girls which leaves plenty to share as well as provide us here. A lot of eggs are needed for these types of bread to boost the rise, moisture and of course flavour.
    I always have very willing taste testers who are more than happy to provide their services. I've even had the neighbour volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've reminded me that I need to bake a couple of breads over the weekend, Kylie. I've no slices left in the freezer from when my oven went kaput! Thanks for this recipe too...I will definitely be giving it a try. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a good sized loaf too Meg. I hope you enjoy it as well.

      Delete
  4. This bread looks yum. I'm not a big bread eater - it doesn't agree with me, but I'll have to give this one a try. Does it keep well, or did it not get a chance in your household? I don't have a glass loaf pan, do you reckon a tin one will be ok? I could line it with brown paper? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sliced ours and popped it into the freezer Lyndie so I'm not sure how long it will keep fresh.
      The only reason I use a glass pan is because I used to have some loaves with a greenish tinge (breads using nut flours etc.) and find using a glass pan has helped. I used a tin for a long time and it was fine apart from the occasional colour difference but it was slight and didn't change the taste of the bread at all. I hope that helps and that this bread agrees with you. Like you bread doesn't sit well with me either hence my nut type breads.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from my readers and sharing ideas. Have a lovely day.

Back to Top